Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Non-sequiters

Still in limbo. Now I'm just waiting for GA State's sociology department to make a decision. At this point I anticipate that they might accept me but will have run out of funding, making it impossible for me to go there this year. Which means I can try to wrangle some funding out of them for the next academic year and spend the coming year teaching community college or wandering off overseas to do something interesting.

Some things I've been thinking about lately:

One thing I really appreciate about Jessica is that she knows enough details about my life to understand when I refer to things out loud exactly as I refer to them in my head. She knows what I mean when I mention The House I Don't Live In, That Other Guy, That Guy I Dated Whose Name is Not Will, etc. Also, there are a lot of people I refer to by the wrong name, because sometimes I have a hard time remembering people's real names and I randomly decide they have a different name, and it takes a good friend to keep up with that.

Seared ahi tuna = happiness.

Vintage Coach bags also = happiness, but in a more materialistic and bank-account-damaging way.

It's Lost night! Whoot!

I've been really grumpy lately. I really need a project and some answers.

I bought some really amazing shoes yesterday to wear to Katie's wedding. They are for-fucking-serious shoes. I'll post a picture at some point. I also bought a cocktail ring, because it was in the "LAST REDUCED CLEARANCE 600% OFF" section, and I was in the kind of mood where "sparkly" was a good enough reason to buy something.

I really like engrish.com. My only problem with it is that sometimes I really want to buy the shirts or candy they're selling, and there is no way to obtain them.

I'm almost done with the main part of Erika's wedding present. I don't want to risk sharing too many details here, but it's taking a lot of hand stitching!

If you could choose to be good enough at any one sport to play professionally, what sport would you pick? I would obviously go with equestrian sports (and indeed, there's still time for me), but I wonder what it would feel like to be a pro football player. I think being on the field with all those people in the stands would be pretty amazing. But then you would get rammed into repeatedly...but only for like 10-15 games a year...and they pay SO well...but your body wears out so quickly... I don't know.

I think this is about enough blogging. I'll come back with real thoughts next time.

1 comment: