Monday, April 20, 2009

Dreams

I had two dreams last night in which someone was trying to kill Phineas.

In the first one we were on safari or something - there were giraffes and rhinos around, anyway. And then a cheetah came pacing towards us, and even though there were 4 or 5 people and 3 or 4 dogs, I knew he was going to go for Phineas. So the cheetah and I started facing off, with both of us pacing around Phin and me trying to keep Phin from attacking the cheetah. For some reason I was not afraid that the cheetah wanted to eat me, which in retrospect seems silly.

In the second one I was a member of a special army group, and the guy trying to kill Phineas was from the opposing army, and he was insane in a scary way. His goal was to kill Phineas or my brother's dog or a third dog that was there in order to psychologically defeat us. I screamed a lot in that one.

Anyway, I'm wondering what these dreams are about. I think it's because I feel threatened to my very core by the possible rejection from grad schools. Ever since I got to college I've known what I wanted to do, and having that career path possibly taken away from me is terrifying. I think that in some way Phineas represents me, or my soul, or something like that.

I'd be interested in other thoughts on this.



Oh, and I'm up so early because I'm already on the email/phone call path.

1 comment:

  1. I see it more specifically as: Phineas = a place-holder for your sense of security. Also, could you post a crude MS Paint version of you and the tiger circling to fight? I think that's what everyone is looking for here.

    ReplyDelete