Friday, April 24, 2009

Yes? Wait, no.

So I finally had a customer give me his number while I was working last night.

Unfortunately, it was a kind of scary black thug guy.

He walks up and says something that I can't hear - since the band is incredibly loud - but the gist of it was "let me holla at you" and then he asked me if I was "dedicated". I was in the middle of a 12 hour shift and not thinking or listening too hard, so I said "to what?", thinking he meant my job. But it turns out he meant to a guy. So I said no, because I didn't feel like lying. Then he asked if I ever date brothers. I said I never had, but I was open to the idea, which is true. What I wanted to say was "sure, but maybe not you, because you seem scary". Anyway, he said some other things I couldn't hear and wrote down his phone number. I was like "score! and yet, not score!" What do you think, blog land? Should I call a man who looks scary and yet draws a smiley face next to his name?

And some other drunk redneck goes "what time to you get off?" to which I replied "5 am". He just frowned and said "huh...I'll be in bed by then..." and wandered off.

Listen, people: don't ask the bartender when they get off, because the answer is "really late", and because we've heard that. Many times. In general, we get out of work later than you're prepared to deal with.

In a future blog, coming soon: my thoughts on picking up the bartender and how much I like to read and laugh at articles that tell you how to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Bwhahahahahahaha.

    YES. Call him. Let me sit in the corner and watch it happen though. Kthanksbye.

    By the way, let's hang out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man...that is FUNNY. you never know..he could be the sweetest man you ever found!

    ReplyDelete