Wednesday, June 3, 2009

In which Dorothy and Toto go on the lam

My facebook status says "Goodbye, Knoxville" because today I moved out.

I left my Market Square apartment, I quit my job, I said good bye to a few key people, and I skipped town. I left like a thief in the ... mid-morning. Which is pretty much the middle of the night to most people I know, anyway. If I'd tried to leave at midnight, I would have seen everyone I know on the way out.

I left for several reasons. I was going to go at the end of June anyway, because I was just waiting for Sundown (read as: the Sundown money) to be over. But work had gotten progressively more lame and non-profitable because no shows are being booked because the owner has given up on the place and run all the managers off. Last Friday I made $18. $18. On a Friday night. At a bar.

And then, last weekend, my dog bit someone. He's an asshole, he's always trying to bite people, but this time he actually managed to - which was entirely my fault and for which I feel incredibly guilty. The person he bit stated repeatedly that she didn't want to press charges, but just in case, I thought Phin better go into hiding. His location is currently undisclosed.

In addition to all that, I got into the PhD program I wanted the most! I'm headed to the ATL. Coming on the heels of all the other changes, I haven't had time to relish that and celebrate.

So I was done with Knoxville. I'll miss it, but it was time.

Goodbye, Knoxville.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to miss you most terribly. I'm glad Phin in is hiding and you are going where you want to go, but I am going to miss you.

    ReplyDelete